Fáilte Ireland Launches New Hospitality & Tourism Executive Development Programme
Twenty senior members of the tourism sector from across the country last week commenced a new Hospitality & Tourism Executive Development Programme, created and designed by Fáilte Ireland in collaboration with the Irish Management Institute. The programme is designed for General Managers and Senior Departmental Managers who are ambitious and are looking to acquire the competencies they need to strategically lead their business/organisation.
Being the first of its kind, the Programme has been specifically tailor-made for the Irish tourism industry to give participants the insights and capability needed to deliver a competitive advantage for their tourism businesses into the future.
Speaking at the launch, Paul Keeley, Director of Commercial Development with Fáilte Ireland, said, “For tourism managers to be successful they must have a comprehensive understanding of this changing environment and have a definitive plan for the future. This course will give them the content and confidence necessary to lead their business. We would encourage tourism managers from all quarters to sign up for the new Executive Development Programme and look forward to supporting them as they guide their business into the future.”
Some of the notable outcomes of the Programme include:
• Enabling the participants to develop their own tailored strategic vision & plan for their tourism business;
• Enhancing the personal leadership style of the participants so that they have a more effective and productive team;
• Developing a clear value proposition and strategic sales & marketing plan for their business, thereby supporting them to respond appropriately to the key issues identified in the pre-programme Business Diagnostic process;
• Develop a strategy to respond to the challenges posed by uncertainties surrounding Brexit;
• Enable the participants to possess the competencies to develop robust financial plans to fund the growth and help them manage the financial aspects of their business.
Martina Bromley, Manager of Fáilte Ireland’s Enterprise & Hospitality Development, commented, “While 2017 had been a very successful year for the Irish tourism industry, we can’t rest on our laurels. It is always important to ensure that your business is future-fit and this course will allow participants to develop both themselves and their business to the next level – providing them with the valuable insights, know-how and capability to ensure a competitive advantage into the future.”