Get the app today! Download iPhone App Download Android App


POD Nightclub Sold In €6m Deal

Published on Aug 22 2016 3:04 PM in Pub/Bar/Nightclub tagged: Featured Post / Dublin City Council / The Pod / John Reynolds / Clancourt Holdings / Opera Quarter

POD Nightclub Sold In €6m Deal

The Old Harcourt Street Station, better known as The Pod, has been bought by Clancourt Holdings in a reported €6 million deal.

The premises, which was owned by publican and music promoter John Reynolds, was once home to late-night venues the Chocolate Bar, Crawdaddy and Tripod, and went on sale in May.

Clancourt Holdings, which is valued at €200 million after undergoing a valuation last year, beat a number of competitors to acquire the property, reports the Sunday Business Post, however, there were complications with the sale due to issues over rights of way connected to it.

There is reportedly interest from an international technology company in renting the premises as office space if it undergoes redevelopment, but Clancourt Holdings may have other ideas for it. Proposals submitted to Dublin City Council indicate that the property group has an €850 million plan to create a new urban area in Dublin 2, turning it into a 'Covent Garden'-style cultural and commercial 'Opera Quarter'.

Clancourt Holdings has recently undergone restructuring as Charlie Kenny and his wife have swapped their majority ownership for just under 11 per cent, with their five children now holding the remaining 89 per cent ownership.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn Share via Email