Fáilte Ireland Launches GDPR Workshops For Business Tourism Sector
Fáilte Ireland commenced a series of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) workshops on Tuesday March 6 targeting owners and managers of visitor attractions and activity based tourism businesses. The purpose of the workshops is to provide clarity around GDPR and practical steps that can be taken to ensure compliance.
Speaking at the launch of the workshops in the Fáilte Ireland head office on Amiens Street, Dublin, Helen McDaid, National Enterprise & Hospitality Development Manager at Fáilte Ireland, said that the training is targeted at smaller businesses and will offer impartial advice on the issue of GDPR compliance.
McDaid explained, “Many of our tourism businesses are small to medium sized enterprises and we identified that there may be a knowledge gap in relation to their requirements under GDPR. The workshops aim to fill that gap and are active learning sessions to assist businesses in understanding how GDPR will impact on the various business functions they undertake. We aim to clearly outline the practical steps which are needed to ensure compliance.”
The workshops provide information on the following:
• GDPR background and terminology
• Role definitions and responsibilities
• How GDPR affects your marketing activities
• The dos and don’ts of managing data
• Policies and procedures to meet GDPR requirements
• How to manage data risk
• Privacy by default
Further workshops will be held in the following locations:
• Thursday March 8th – Dublin – Fáilte Ireland offices, Amiens Street
• March 20th – Galway – The Galmont Hotel
• April 10th – Donegal – The Silver Tassie Hotel, Letterkenny