At Madison Publications Limited your privacy is important to us. This notice details our policy relating to the collection, use and retention of personal data on our Websites www.esmmagazine.com and www.hospitalityireland.com and across our social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram) and through our mobile applications, the Hospitality Ireland and European Supermarket Magazine apps, available via the App Store and Google Play. This note tells you of the choices which you can make about the way your personal data is used on our digital platforms, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and Data Protection legislation.
What information do we collect and why?
We will not collect personal, identifying information about you when you visit our Website(s), or our social media platforms, or our mobile app(s), unless you choose to provide that information to us. This happens when you:
- Sign up for a subscription
- Register for an event
- Register to receive our newsletters
- Enter a competition
- Advertise or do business with any of our magazine titles
You may choose to provide us with personal data (such as your name, e-mail, postal address or other identity details).
How will we use your personal data?
When you give us any personal data we will use this data to:
- Enable you to use products and services that we may provide via the Websites, our mobile applications, social media platforms, or via our advertising team.
- Enable you to become a registered user on one or more of our Websites or mobile applications, via a subscription, by downloading the application, or signing up for a newsletter;
- If a transaction is required by you, to process your transaction and correspond with you in respect of the transaction or any related matter;
- Provide you, with your consent and according to your communications preferences, with information about our products and services, the latest news from our Websites via email or mobile application push notification, or information about special offers or events which may be of interest to you;
- With your consent, we may share your personal data within our corporate group, which includes Madison Publications Ltd so that they may offer you products and services which may be of interest to you;
- We may share personal data on a confidential basis with suppliers who process data on our behalf (including cloud servers who store data on our behalf). Where any such supplier is based outside the European Economic Area, or outside an EU approved transfer country, we shall ensure that all personal data is protected in accordance with European Commission approved standards, such as a Privacy Shield or Model Contract. We may also disclose personal data where required by law, such as to government bodies or law enforcement agencies;
- We do not use your data for automated decision making.
From time to time, we would like to send you information about our products, services, and events and possibly those of other Websites or social media platforms or apps in our company or sister companies which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to opt-in to receive marketing material at any time from us, you may opt out at a later date. You may request us at any time to stop contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your information to other Websites. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us at [email protected]
Links To Third Party Websites
For your convenience, we may provide links to other Websites. Note that we have no liability or responsibility for the content, data policies, procedures, terms and conditions of these third party Websites nor can we confirm that these Websites are free from computer viruses or other harmful programmes or software.
We only retain personal data for as long as necessary to provide our services, products and information, or as permitted / required by applicable law.
Security Of Your Data
We use industry standard security measures to protect your information and to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of any information in our control. As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure and we cannot ensure that all of your personally identifiable information provided via our Websites will never be accessed. However, we will use industry standard security measures to ensure that such information is kept as secure as possible.
Personal Data Rights Under GDPR
You have the following rights under the GDPR, in certain circumstances and subject to certain exemptions, in relation to your personal data:
- You can request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you.
- You can tell us to correct any inaccurate data about you, or if we have incomplete information you can ask us to update the information. It is helpful if you keep us updated with your current personal data.
- You can tell us to delete personal data that we hold about you.
- You can tell us not to process your personal data for particular purposes any longer, or you can object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
To exercise any of these rights, contact us at [email protected]
You can make a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner under GDPR.
We also use these cookies, where relevant, to authenticate user log-ins to our digital platforms, and remember any user preferences expressed, and to allow you to browse through the pages of the site. These cookies do not gather any personally identifiable data and will expire once the session is over. For more information about cookies, see www.allaboutcookies.org
With this tool we monitor activity and user behaviour on our Websites for market research purposes, in order to enhance user experience, as well as improve the efficiency and content of the Websites. We examine user trends using analytics tools in order to successfully operate our Websites and improve user experience. This personal data is collected in aggregate and is rendered anonymous. You can opt out of Google Analytics here.
Google Ads Conversion Tracking
Google Tag Manager
Google Ads Remarketing
We use Google Ads remarketing to advertise our publication(s) across the Internet, in particular on the Google Display Network. Google Ads remarketing will display ads to you based on what parts of our Websites or mobile apps you have viewed by placing a cookie on your web browser.
This cookie does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer or mobile device. The cookie is used to indicate to other third-party vendors on the Google Ads network which ads to serve to you based on your past visits to our Websites or use of our apps. This allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
If you do not wish to see ads from us, you can opt out in several ways:
- Control the use of mobile device identifiers by using the device’s settings.
LinkedIn Matched Audience Targeting and Insight Tags
We may use information collected in our CRM system, Salesforce, as part of our LinkedIn ad campaigns to define and reach a targeted business audience.
Please note that with both contact targeting lists and Insight tagging, LinkedIn only receives hashed, anonymous data. By applying hashing algorithms to the email addresses or other content, the text is rendered unreadable to LinkedIn, but it can be used to map our lists of users to LinkedIn members in order to serve them relevant ads.
LinkedIn does not identify individual members to advertisers using website retargeting and only reports aggregated site demographics and ad performance.
Facebook Ads Conversion Tracking