Tourism Ireland & Logitravel Launch New Campaign To Promote Ireland In Spain
Millions of commuters in Madrid and Barcelona are seeing eye-catching ads for Dublin and Ireland right now. Tourism Ireland has teamed up with Logitravel – one of the largest online travel agents in S...
Millions of commuters in Madrid and Barcelona are seeing eye-catching ads for Dublin and Ireland right now. Tourism Ireland has teamed up with Logitravel – one of the largest online travel agents in Spain – for a joint promotional campaign, to raise awareness of Dublin as a city break destination and to drive sales of Logitravel packages from Spain over the coming months.
The campaign – which will run until the end of November – includes:
- TV ads on national stations, which will reach about 8 million viewers;
- outdoor advertising in Madrid and Barcelona, including ads in metro stations around Madrid, which will be seen by millions of commuters;
- online ads on popular travel, news and lifestyle websites such as La Razón, El Economista and 20 minutos;
- print ads in newspapers and travel magazines; and
- a dedicated Dublin microsite on the Logitravel website.
About 21% of all Spanish visitors to Ireland arrive in the off-season or Q4 – a real opportunity to win business for Dublin and Ireland at a time when there is capacity in accommodation and other tourism facilities. Also, Spanish residents tend to travel in the latter part of the year due to the high concentration of Spanish ‘puentes’ (bank holiday weekends).
Barbara Wood, Tourism Ireland’s manager in Spain, said, “Spain is an important market for tourism to the island of Ireland. Travel by Spaniards to Ireland has grown significantly over the past 15 years – going from just 90,000 Spanish visitors in 2000 to a record 391,000 visitors in 2016. Tourism Ireland is determined to ensure that growth continues and has been undertaking a busy programme of promotions right throughout 2017.”