Celtic Lodge Guesthouse Evacuated After Fire

By Publications Checkout
Celtic Lodge Guesthouse Evacuated After Fire

Over 30 guests and staff evacuated Celtic Lodge, Talbot Street, Dublin this morning when a fire broke out. It is said that the fire started at about 5.30 am in the kitchen.

Four units from the Dublin Fire Brigade extinguished the fire at around 6.45 am. However, fire-fighters are still at the scene.

No injuries were reported and ambulances were not required. However, there has been extensive smoke damage done to the hotel.

'There seems to have been an electrical problem in the kitchen and one of our cleaners was upstairs and smelled smoke and called the fire brigade immediately,' hotel manager Mark Adams told

'Thank God the fire station is so near, they were here in two minutes and at that stage we had everybody out of the hotel," he said.