Frank Gleeson Secures Injunction Against Dismissal As Mercantile Chief

By Publications Checkout
Frank Gleeson Secures Injunction Against Dismissal As Mercantile Chief

It's being reported that well-known publican Frank Gleeson has obtained a temporary High Court injunctions preventing his dismissal as CEO of the Mercantile Group.

The injunctions restrain the Mercantile Group  from taking any disciplinary action against publican, reports The Irish Times, with Justice Paul Gilligan granting an ex parte application on behalf of Gleeson for various interim injunctions against the Mercantile Entertainment Group, which includes the Mercantile on Dame Street, the Green Hen in Exchequer Street and Whelans of Wexford Street, merged with Capital Bars in 2015. Capital included Cafe en Seine in Dawson Street and The George in George’s Street.

The injunctions were said to be sought because the 'company plans to meet next week to consider an investigation report, commissioned by the group, into certain allegations of wrongdoing against Gleeson'. The allegations were denied, with counsel said the report is "irredeemably tainted" and "prejudicial" and breaches Gleeson’s rights to fair procedures.

Gleeson holds a 30% stake in Ardan Advisory, of which the group is a wholly-owned subsidiary, while the remaining 70% is owned  by JT Magen (Capital Bars) LLC and Danu Advisory Partners Ltd.