Glanbia plc has released its financial results for the six month period that ended on 2 July 2022.
Glanbia published the following results on Glanbia.com:
- group revenues of €2.8 billion (HY 2021: €2 billion) represents growth of 26.8% constant currency (up 38.5% reported);
- strong operating performance -
- o Glanbia Performance Nutrition (GPN) branded like-for-like volume +1.9%, pricing +13.9%;
- o Nutritional Solutions (NS) like-for-like volume +1.6%, pricing +17.9%;
- group EBITA pre-exceptional €171.7 million (HY 2021: €159.9 million), a decrease of 3.5% constant currency (up 7.4% reported);
- adjusted earnings per share (EPS) were ahead of expectations at 52.31 cent (HY 2021: 48.84 cent), a decrease of 3.8% constant currency (up 7.1% reported);
- basic EPS of 66.13 cent (HY 2021: 27.90 cent);
- net debt to adjusted EBITDA ratio of 1.83 times (HY 2021: 1.51 times);
- the group completed the disposal of 40% interest in Glanbia Ireland and acquired Sterling Technology, a US bioactive ingredient company;
- continued progress against ESG targets and board diversity increased;
- €127.1 million was returned to shareholders in the period via share buybacks;
- interim dividend increased by 10% to 12.93 cent per share;
- and strong H2 EBITA growth is expected over the prior year - full year guidance upgraded to 9% to 13% adjusted EPS constant currency growth (21% to 25% reported).
Statement By Group Managing Director
The statement published on Glanbia.com included a statement from group managing director Siobhán Talbot that said, "I am pleased to report that half year 2022 results have exceeded our plans, demonstrating the impact of a series of actions implemented since the latter part of last year in response to unprecedented inflation.
Get a FREE Digital Subscription!Enjoy full access to Hospitality Ireland, our weekly email news digest, all website and app content, and every digital issue.
"Revenues grew strongly with significant pricing initiatives and volume growth in all business segments in the period. Adjusted EPS1 at 52.31 cent, reflected improving momentum across the group, building on a strong 2021 comparator. We continue to make progress on our strategic agenda and with the completion of the sale of the company's minority interest in Glanbia Ireland, Glanbia plc continues to evolve as a focused, purpose led global nutrition company.
"We will continue to monitor inflationary trends into the second half of the year but are confident that further pricing action and operational efficiencies will deliver improving margins and strong year-on-year EBITA growth.
"Current expectations for improved EBITA growth in GPN underpin the upgrade in full year guidance for the Group, with growth in adjusted EPS1 now expected to be 9% to 13%, constant currency. Based on current foreign exchange rates, the reported adjusted EPS growth is expected to be 21% to 25%."
© 2022 Hospitality Ireland – your source for the latest industry news. Article by Dave Simpson. Click subscribe to sign up for the Hospitality Ireland print edition.