The shortlist for Ireland's favourite roast has been announced, with each of the 15 nominated venues to be mystery dined over the coming weeks.
The competition, which is run in association with Knorr, will see venues being scored on the quality and taste of their carvery offering as well as value for money.
The shortlisted venues in each province are as follows:
- The Brogue Inn, Tralee, Co. Kerry
- The Elm Tree, Glounthune, Cork
- Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel & Spa, Adare, Co. Limerick
- Mulcahy's Bar & Restaurant, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary
- The Barn, Glanmire, Co. Cork
- Silken Thomas, Kildare
- Eden House Gastrobar, Rathfarnham, Dublin
- The Bell Bar & Restaurant, Blanchardstown, Dublin
- Creggan Court Hotel, Athlone, Co. Westmeath
- The Balreask Bar & Restaurant, Navan, Co. Meath
- Athlone Springs Hotel, Athlone, Co. Roscommon
- Galway Bay Hotel, Salthill, Co. Galway
- Hodson Bay Hotel, Athlone, Co. Roscommon
- The Trappers Inn, Castlegar, Co. Galway
- Hester's Golden Eagle Bar & Restaurant, Castlerea, Co. Roscommon
Following the mystery dining phase, provincial winners will be announced in late September. Each of three provincial winners will then be visited by a special guest judge, who will help decide who the overall winner of Ireland's Favourite Roast competition.
Jim Reeves, customer director at Unilever Food Solutions, said, "We were delighted to see the level of entry to this year's competition from right across the country. And, especially pleased to see a large number of first-time entrants. The commitment and pride that goes into preparing, cooking and serving excellent food to customers every day should be applauded and this competition goes some way to acknowledge those efforts."
© 2022 Hospitality Ireland – your source for the latest industry news. Article by Dave Simpson. Click subscribe to sign up for the Hospitality Ireland print edition.