Donegal Airport Makes World's Top 10 Scenic List
Donegal Airport is celebrating today after being voted one of the world's top 10 scenic airports for 2016. Private jet booking service PrivateFly has announced the results of its poll, which survey...
Donegal Airport is celebrating today after being voted one of the world's top 10 scenic airports for 2016.
Private jet booking service PrivateFly has announced the results of its poll, which surveyed global travellers as well as travel industry experts, revealing that Malta International topped the list with Donegal Airport coming in at number 7, reports donegalnow.com.
"There's nothing more breathtaking than flying over the rugged coastline of Donegal. Awe-inspiring to say the least. The rugged landscape transports to a time long ago and much forgotten," commented one of the voters.
Adam Twidell, CEO of PrivateFly and an experienced pilot, added: "Malta received the highest number of votes overall this time, but Donegal is a worthy new entrant to the list, with a landing that offers travellers an unforgettable introduction to Ireland’s world class natural beauty."
The full top 10 is as follows:
- Malta International Airport, Malta
- Nice Cote D'Azur Airport, France
- Queenstown Airport, New Zealand
- Barra Airport, Scotland, UK
- Saba Airport (Juancho E Yrausquin), Caribbean
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport, Canada
- Donegal Airport, Ireland
- St Maarten Airport (Princess Juliana International), Caribbean
- Los Angeles International Airport, USA
- London City Airport, UK
Check out this drone footage of the approach and take off at Donegal Airport...