Maritime Belfast Trust, the charity responsible for preserving Belfast's maritime and industrial heritage, has launched a campaign called Maritime Milestones that encourages everyone to enjoy Belfast's waterfront experience through a range of anniversaries, events, heritage and international days animating Belfast's waterfront throughout 2022.
Maritime Belfast Trust stated that there are many ways to join in and celebrate Maritime Milestones:
- Celebrate anniversaries including Titanic Belfast’s 10th, Belfast Harbour's 175th, St Joseph's 150th and Lagan Search and Rescue’s 10th.
- Experience the best of local music talent with Sundays on the Maritime Mile. Look out for buskers, bands, opera, choirs popping up at different locations.
- Discover new additions launched in 2021 include SoundYard, an interactive play installation and RiverBox, an outdoor audiovisual experience.
- Explore the Maritime Mile with a range of tours and trails including Maritime Mile Treasure Trail. Download the map, explore, complete the quiz and enter an online competition for a chance to win a fantastic prize. Discover the six Glass of Thrones stained glass windows, each one depicting the most iconic moments from the Game of Thrones series.
- Hop on a Belfast Bike and explore the Maritime Mile. Docking stations are located at Odyssey, SS Nomadic, Titanic Walkway, Donegall Quay and Corporation Square www.belfastbikes.co.uk/
- See the illumination of the Great Light and SoundYard to mark key international dates throughout 2022 including World Maritime Day, 29th September.
- Budding photographers can book a place on an interactive photo tour jam-packed with history and sights to see. Or visit a photographic exhibition celebrating The People that built Titanic as part of Titanic Belfast’s 10th anniversary.
Maritime Milestones is funded & delivered by Maritime Belfast Trust with support from Belfast Harbour, Titanic Belfast, Titanic Quarter, Belfast City Council and destination partners.
Statement By Maritime Belfast Trust Chief Executive
Get a FREE Digital Subscription!Enjoy full access to Hospitality Ireland, our weekly email news digest, all website and app content, and every digital issue.
Maritime Belfast Trust chief executive Kerrie Sweeney stated, "Maritime Milestones is a year-long initiative that will support our key stakeholders celebrating their milestones in 2022. It will also support our destination partners to encourage all visitors to the City of Belfast to explore our iconic waterfront and enjoy the many unique experiences of this historic destination. We are also delighted to announce Sundays on the Maritime Mile. A range of local music talent across a range of genres will pop-up and animate the Maritime Mile from Easter onwards. We encourage and welcome everyone to explore and discover Belfast's vibrant quayside, heritage and learn about the importance of preserving our rich heritage."
Further information can be found at Maritime-Mile.com.
© 2022 Hospitality Ireland – your source for the latest industry news. Article by Dave Simpson. Click subscribe to sign up for the Hospitality Ireland print edition.