Tourism Ireland NI Launches New Marketing Fund For Tourism Businesses
Tourism NI has launched a new marketing fund to provide tourism businesses with international marketing support. Tourism NI stated on its website, "Engaging with international markets, through agen...
Tourism NI has launched a new marketing fund to provide tourism businesses with international marketing support.
Tourism NI stated on its website, "Engaging with international markets, through agents, operators and buyers, is essential not only to individual businesses but to the recovery of the wider destination and its economy, with these businesses leading from the front and championing the overall destination and its offer.
"This programme aims to provide financial assistance to stimulate and sustain marketing activity by leading tourism businesses that have previously engaged in international markets and, in particular, have targeted the group leisure or MICE markets.
"Support of 75% of eligible expenditure is available throughout March 2021.
"The closing date for entries is 19th February and further information is available in the fund brochure [which can found via Tourism NI's website]."
The criteria for eligibility for the fund are as follows:
- hotels with a four- or five-star grading by Tourism NI;
- visitor attractions graded by Tourism NI;
- demonstrable historical activity to engage with international markets;
- and previous attendance at a Tourism NI face to face B2B platform in the group leisure or MICE space, e.g. Meet the Buyer and ITOA Workshop.
Tourism NI's website adds, "The International Marketing Fund is designed to support your own marketing activity aimed at an international market. If your planned activity meets the criteria, the fund will cover 75% of your costs up to a maximum total payment of £7,500 per industry provider.
"The following is a suggested list of marketing activity that would be deemed appropriate. Note this list is not exhaustive and other suggestions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
"All activity should communicate the group leisure or MICE proposition at a particular property or visitor attraction.
- Virtual video content - i.e. a virtual show around.
- Creation of a virtual / e-brochure.
- Creation of a marketing brochures / materials in foreign language(s).
- Creation of supporting marketing assets such as sales presentations for virtual trade shows, signature itineraries, presentation bid templates.
- Design of specific webpages / microsite aimed at this market.
- Photography of specific set ups to target this market, i.e. meeting room, gala dinner, unique spaces (outdoors).
"Those who wish to avail of this fund should note that:
- Activity and spend must be completed by 31st March 2021.
- You must commit to spend at least £500 and up to £10,000 up front to take part (ex VAT). 75% of this can be claimed back.
"Complete the online form now at nihf.co.uk.
"Closing date for applications is 19th February 2021. Need help or advice? Contact 028 9077 6635."
© 2021 Hospitality Ireland – your source for the latest industry news. Article by Dave Simpson. Click subscribe to sign up for the Hospitality Ireland print edition.