The winner of this year's ranking is Parrilla Don Julio from Buenos Aires, while the 2022 winner, Hawksmoor from London, ranked in second place, and American Cut Tribeca from New York ranked third.
The meat ambassadors and testers noted that the quality of the tested restaurants is constantly developing and improving, not only in terms of meat quality but also in the areas of product knowledge, cooking methods, service and interior design. It was also noted that it can be seen that, especially the European steak restaurants with their focus on old local breeds, new aging techniques and from "nose to tail eating" are increasingly asserting themselves against the former supremacy of the established classic steak restaurants in the USA, and convince with a more individual offer.
The other restaurants voted into this year's top 10 are as follows:
- No. 4 - Carcasse, Belgium
- No. 5 - Bodega El Capricho, Spain
- No. 6 - F.X. Buckley, Ireland
- No. 7 - I due Cippi, Italy
- No. 8 - Rockpool Bar & Grill, Sydney
- No. 9 - Lana, Madrid
- No. 10 - Bazaar Meat, Las Vegas
The listed steak restaurants in Ireland and the UK are as follows:
- No. 2 - Hawksmoor, London
- No. 6 - F.X. Buckley, Dublin
- No. 12 - Cut at 45 Park Lane, London
- No. 37 - Beast, London
- No. 39 - Le Petit Beef Bar, London
- No. 41 - Goodman, London
- No. 52 - Blacklock, London
- No. 55 - Porter & Rye, Glasgow
- No. 61 - Temper, London
- No. 62 - Rowley's, London
- No. 67 - Guinea Grill, London
- No. 70 - Pasture, Cardiff
- No. 91 - Zelman Meats, London
Between 700 and 800 restaurants are visited and evaluated each year, from which the 101 best restaurants are then included in the ranking. To view the full World's 101 Best Steak Restaurants ranking, go to WorldBestSteaks.com.
© 2023 Hospitality Ireland – your source for the latest industry news. Article by Dave Simpson. Click subscribe to sign up for the Hospitality Ireland print edition.