TripAdvisor has released its Travellers' Choice Awards 2016 with Donnybrook's Mulberry Garden in Dublin 4 being named Ireland's top fine dining restaurant.
The restaurant, which opened in 2011, was described by travellers as being a 'big surprise in a hidden place' and a 'hidden gem behind a primrose pink gate'. Mulberry Garden only opens from 6pm Thursday to Saturday, with this weeks 6-course Tasting Menu (€75) consisting of dishes such as scallop mousse with langoustines and confit mushrooms; monkfish cheeks with smoked bacon, baby onions and chicken skin; semolina cake with almond parfait and woodruff.
"For Mulberry Garden to have claimed the number one spot in Ireland when the fine dining scene is so competitive is no easy feat and just proves what a great job the team is doing," said Hayley Coleman of TripAdvisor.
Get a FREE Digital Subscription!Enjoy full access to Hospitality Ireland, our weekly email news digest, all website and app content, and every digital issue.
The Top 10 Best Fine Dining Restaurants (in order) in Ireland list:
- Mulberry Garden, Dublin
- Idás Restaurant, Dingle
- Chapter One, Dublin
- The Restaurant at Harvey’s Point, Donegal
- Sabor Brazil, Dublin
- The Chart House, Dingle
- The Global Village, Dingle
- Dax Restaurant, Dublin
- An Port Mór, Westport
- Finns’ Table, Kinsale
Grant Achatz's famous Chicago restaurant Alinea was named Best Fine Dining Restaurant in the United States while Raymond Blanc's Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons won Best Fine Dining Restaurant in the United Kingdom.
The Top 10 Fine Dining Restaurants Worldwide:
- Martin Berasategui, Lasarte, Spain
- Maison Lameloise, Chagny, France
- L’Auberge de I’lll, Illhaeusern, France
- Le Manoir Aux Quat’Saisons, Great Milton, United Kingdom
- Ristorante Don Alfonso, Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi, Italy
- Alinea, Chicago, United States
- Waterside Inn, Bray on Thames, United Kingdom
- Voila Bistrot, Paraty, Brazil
- Adam’s, Birmingham, United Kingdom
-Azurmendi Gastronomico, Larrabetzu, Spain