Clare County Council Appoints New Cliffs of Moher Board
Clare County Council has announced the appointment of new members to the Board of Cliffs of Moher Centre Ltd as part of the local authority’s commitment to the development of the renowned tourist attr...
Clare County Council has announced the appointment of new members to the Board of Cliffs of Moher Centre Ltd as part of the local authority’s commitment to the development of the renowned tourist attraction.
The new members will be involved in overseeing the policy planning and governance of the Cliffs of Moher Visitor Experience in Co. Clare. The board is chaired by businessman Bobby Kerr, and also comprises individuals with a diverse knowledge of the tourism industry, product development, marketing, commercial development, finance, local government, local community and governance.
A new strategy for the Cliffs of Moher Visitor Experience will be developed over the coming months following consultation with key stakeholders.
New Board Members List
The newly appointed members of the Board of Cliffs of Moher Centre Ltd are:
· Bobby Kerr (chairperson of the board), chairman of Insomnia Coffee Company;
· Cllr. Bill Slattery, elected member for Clare County Council for Fine Gael for West Clare Municipal District;
· Cllr. Richard Nagle, elected member of Clare County Council for Fianna Fáil for West Clare Municipal District;
· Edmund O’Connor, former county manager for South Tipperary County Council;
· Geraldine Enrigh, director of the Cliffs of Moher Visitor Experience and company secretary;
· Paul Keeley, director of commercial with Failte Ireland;
· Lisa Walshe, HR and legal professional with HSE;
· Leonard Cleary, director of rural development for Clare County Council and executive director of the Cliffs of Moher Centre Limited;
· and Dr. Deirdre O’Loughlin, UL lecturer in management and marketing.
© 2018 Hospitality Ireland – your source for the latest industry news. Article by Dave Simpson. Click subscribe to sign up for the Hospitality Ireland print edition.