The inaugural Irish Pub Awards took place on Wednesday November 8 with a gala banquet in the RDS where Irish publicans competed in nine different categories.
The Awards were presented by Minister of State for Tourism and Sport Brendan Griffin and the winners were selected from over 500 applications.
The Porter House of Castlebridge, Co. Wexford, took home the trophy for "National Irish Pub of the Year", while The Stag’s Head in Dublin was named "Best Tourist Pub" and Johnny Quilty of The Goat Bar & Grill, located in the Dublin suburb of Clonskeagh, was presented with the accolade for "Pub Personality of the Year".
Get a FREE Digital Subscription!Enjoy full access to Hospitality Ireland, our weekly email news digest, all website and app content, and every digital issue.
The full list of winners is as follows:
- Innovative Pub of the Year: The Roadside Tavern, Lisdoonvarna, Co. Clare
- Best Music Pub: Matt The Millers, Kilkenny City
- Best Outdoor Space: The Terrace at Dinn Rí, Co. Carlow
- Outstanding Customer Service: The Bog Road, Portlaoise, Co Laois
- Best Tourist Pub: The Stag’s Head, Dublin
- Pub Personality of the Year: Johnny Quilty – The Goat Bar & Grill, Clonskeagh, Dublin
- Best Local Pub: The Porter House, Castlebridge, Co. Wexford
- Best Food Pub: Mickey Finn’s, Redcross, Co. Wicklow
The inaugural Irish Pub Awards were originally launched in late April at an event in Doheny and Nesbitt’s on Baggot Street, Dublin, organised by the Licensed Vintners Association (LVA) and Vintners Federation Ireland (VFI).
Commenting on the award ceremony, LVA Chairman John Gleeson said, “We are very pleased with the success of our first awards programme. These awards will now be recognised as the definitive awards programme within the industry as it is set up to reward all pub sectors right throughout the country. There is great value for pubs entering the awards in terms of excellent national and local media coverage along with the in-depth management training our 56 regional winners receive. We are delighted to have come together with the VFI on this great initiative."