Ryanair Unveils 2018 “Always Getting Better” Plan
Ryanair has unveiled its 2018 “Always Getting Better” plan, which forms year five of its customer experience improvement programme, including service, digital, ancillary and environmental developments. The new initiatives to be rolled out over the coming year include:
– Price Promise – find a cheaper fare and Ryanair will refund the difference + €5 to your My Ryanair account
– Punctuality Promise – 90% of Ryanair flights will be on time
– Simple Bag Policy – Two free cabin bag remains + increased checked bag size for less (€25 for 20kg)
– Dedicated Claims Team – valid EU261 claims processed in 10 days
– Greenest Airline – Ryanair will be plastic free in next five years; carbon offset scheme for customers
– Ryanair Rooms with Travel Credit – money off flights when you book hotels
– Ryanair Transfers – wider choice of ground transport with new partner Car Trawler
– Connecting Flights – at Rome, Milan & Porto, plus long-haul connections
– ‘Try Somewhere New’ – exclusive content on Ryanair.com; travel guides & video in seven languages
Ryanair’s Chief Marketing Officer, Kenny Jacobs said, "We are very pleased to announce our environmental plan, which includes our commitment to eliminate all non-recyclable plastics from our operations over the next five years. For customers on board, this will mean initiatives such as a switch to wooden cutlery, bio-degradable coffee cups, and the removal of plastics from our range of in-flight products. We will also introduce a scheme to allow customers to offset the carbon cost of their flight through a voluntary climate charity donation online.
"We are also unveiling 'Try Somewhere New', a unique travel hub on the Ryanair website, hosting exclusive travel guides and destination videos in seven languages.
"While we continue to innovate, the one thing that won’t change will be our low fares – which we promise will not be beaten – and European customers will still enjoy the biggest and best choice of destinations, with the most on-time flights and a fantastic onboard experience, as we grow our fleet, traffic and routes."