Donegal Airport Named World's Second Most Scenic Airport
The views around the north west of Ireland have earned Donegal Airport the title of the world's second most scenic airport.
While the Caribbean Island of Saba took the top spot, this represents a significant victory for the regional airport, after it finished in seventh place on the same survey last year.
According to The Independent, Donegal Airport Marketing Manager Pauline Sweeney stated that she "couldn't have asked for a better endorsement" as well as asserting that the number of people passing through the airport is up 15.7% this year so far.
The survey, which was recently conducted by private jet booking company PrivateFly, placed the scenery surrounding Donegal Airport ahead of that of 120 other airports worldwide, including those located in London City, Orlando and Nice.
The full top 10 is as follows:
- Saba (Juancho E Yrausquin Airport), Caribbean
- Donegal Airport, Ireland
- Nice Cote D'Azur Airport, France
- Gibraltar Airport, UK
- Queenstown Airport, New Zealand
- London City Airport
- St Maarten Airport (Princess Juliana International), Caribbea
- Orlando Melbourne Airport, USA
- Barra Airport, Scotland, UK
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport, Canada