Judged by industry experts, the Virgin Media Business Gold Medal Awards recognise and reward excellence in hospitality and catering operations across the island of Ireland.
Ashford Castle’s six awards are as follows.
- Chef of the Year – Jonathan Keane, Executive Head Chef, the Lodge at Ashford Castle
- Ireland’s Sustainability/Leading Green Hotel – Ashford Castle
- Ireland’s Five-Star Hotel Spa Experience – Ashford Castle
- Ireland’s Five-Star Resort – Ashford Castle
- Ireland’s Afternoon Tea Hotel – Ashford Castle
- Ireland’s Wine Experience – the Lodge at Ashford Castle
Statement By General Manager
“This is an incredible achievement and just reward for our more than 400 staff, who work across our two properties on the Ashford estate,” said Niall Rochford, general manager. “I’m thrilled for Chef Jonathan, who has led his team at the Lodge for more than ten years and creates fantastic, flavourful dishes that let the produce – sourced locally and on the estate – do the talking.
“I’m particularly proud of our gold medal in the area of sustainability. It has been an operational priority for many years, and we have made significant progress in reducing our carbon footprint, with everyone on the estate contributing to the effort, the ideas and the outcomes.
“The spa at Ashford is an incredible oasis of calm, and one of a number of jewels in the Ashford Castle crown. The team at the spa treat our guests with exceptional professionalism – not to mention pampering – and the gold-medal win will mean the world to them.”
© 2023 Hospitality Ireland – your source for the latest industry news. Article by Dave Simpson. Click subscribe to sign up for the Hospitality Ireland print edition.